The Gatherer BagPeg and Awl
About the The Gatherer Bag
Inspired by olde bucket-shaped satchels, from apple-picking bags to firemen’s buckets to leather feed sacks. Finished with an overalls/apron-like front, our bag reflects the roots of early Americana.
When closed, the bag is neat and tidy and a workhorse for everyday carrying, be it for tools, diapers, or daily hauling. Basket-like when un-zipped, the bag is a treat for small garden harvesting, going to market, picnicking or any kind of over-stuffing.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)- Leather handles from vegetable-tanned leather- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag- Black YKK zipper with brass teeth- Zipper separates and tucks inside bag when not in use- Brass rivets- 1 exterior and 3 interior pockets- 6 canvas colors available- Minimally packaged with tag and string
WEIGHT:Approximately 1 lb. 6 oz.
MEASUREMENTS:Body:Inches: 15″ tall by 20″ wide (top), 10″ wide (bottom) by 6″ deep (when zippered; much wider when un-zippered)Metric: 38 cm tall by 51 cm wide (top), 25.4 cm wide (bottom) by 15.5 cm deep (when zippered; much wider when un-zippered)
Handles:Inches: Approximately 29″ long; 13″ shoulder dropMetric: Approximately 74 cm long; 33 cm shoulder drop
Exterior Pocket:Inches: 6″ wide (top), 4.5″ wide (bottom) by 5.25″ tallMetric: 15 cm wide (top), 11.5 cm wide (bottom) by 13.5 cm tall
Interior Pockets:Inches: One 7.5″ wide (top), 6.25″ wide (bottom) by 7″ tall, Two 3.75″ wide (top), 3.125″ wide (bottom) by 5.75″ tallMetric: One 19.1 cm wide (top), 15.9 cm wide (bottom) by 17.8 cm tall, Two 9.5 cm wide (top), 7.9 cm wide (bottom) by 14.6 cm tall
- Manufacturer: Peg and Awl
- SKU: TGBTR
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship items from our workshop. You will be able to select from available ship dates on the cart page.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
- Buy 20 – 15% off
- Buy 50 – 17.5% off
- Buy 200 – 20% off
- Buy 500 – 25% off
Frequently Asked Questions
Orders typically ship within 10 business days. You will have the ability to select your desired ship date on the cart page. Depending on the shipping method you choose, time in transit can be 3-6 business days. Orders with quantities of 500 or more may require extra time.
We offer the following quantity price breaks:
The discount is automatically calculated when you add items to the cart.
Orders placed online must have a minimum quantity of 20 per item. If you don't need that many, please visit our retail website at rustico.com. You are also welcome to request a custom quote or send us an email at email@example.com.
After you place your order, one of our specialists will follow up with your directly and will create a digital proof for your approval. They will discuss the logo specifics, and which application method is best. Either laser engraving or deboss.