The Large ReaderPeg and Awl
About the The Large Reader
This is a larger version of the Reader tote. Inspired by my “Weekly Readers” book club tote that served as my bag for many years, this small tote is perfect for a few essentials and will leave you unburdened, especially if you are the type who loathes a weighty carryall. Perfect for books, iPads, e-readers, &c.
Waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)- Leather handles from vegetable-tanned leather- Cotton ticking pocket lining varies according to canvas color- Brass rivets- Fits most iPads and other tablets- 1 exterior pocket- 7 canvas colours available- Minimally packaged with tag and string
Emmett, our laser engraving machine and in-house scribe, allows you to personalize our bags!
The monogram is laser-engraved on vegetable-tanned leather and attached with brass rivets (see the product photographs for an example). Note that the monogram is on the reverse side of the bag and does not replace the Peg and Awl brand. Be sure to include your wished-for letters in the order notes (up to 3) when placing your order! MONOGRAMMED BAGS ARE NOT RETURNABLE.
WEIGHT:Approximately 12 oz.
MEASUREMENTS:Body:Inches: 13.5″ tall by 12.75″ wideMetric: 34 cm tall by 32.38 cm wide
Handles:Inches: Approximately 21″ long; 9″ handle dropMetric: Approximately 53.5 cm long; 22.9 cm handle drop
Exterior Pocket:Inches: 7.5″ wide by 5.375″ tallMetric: 19 cm wide by 13.7 cm tall
Gusset:Inches: 2.5″ wideMetric: 6.4 cm wide
- Manufacturer: Peg and Awl
- SKU: READ12TR
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship items from our workshop. You will be able to select from available ship dates on the cart page.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
- Buy 20 – 15% off
- Buy 50 – 17.5% off
- Buy 200 – 20% off
- Buy 500 – 25% off
Frequently Asked Questions
Orders typically ship within 10 business days. You will have the ability to select your desired ship date on the cart page. Depending on the shipping method you choose, time in transit can be 3-6 business days. Orders with quantities of 500 or more may require extra time.
We offer the following quantity price breaks:
The discount is automatically calculated when you add items to the cart.
Orders placed online must have a minimum quantity of 20 per item. If you don't need that many, please visit our retail website at rustico.com. You are also welcome to request a custom quote or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you place your order, one of our specialists will follow up with your directly and will create a digital proof for your approval. They will discuss the logo specifics, and which application method is best. Either laser engraving or deboss.